Battery Provincial Park

Battery Provincial Park

Battery Provincial Park remains one of the most historic parks in Nova Scotia. Used as a Mi'Kmaq portage since time immemorial it has been occupied by Europeans since at least the early 1600's. The area includes the site of a French fort constructed in the early 1700's, the site of an English fort built in the late 1700's and borders the St. Peter's canal which connects the Atlantic to the Bras d'Or Lakes. The Park has recently undergone many upgrades which include larger more accessible
campsites along with a new shower building. It has 56 campsites, a picnic area and 3 kms of walking trails. Battery Park's trail system also connects to the St. Peter's Coastal Trail which continues for
another 3 kms.

Website www.novascotiaparks.ca/parks/battery.asp